POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 1.5K APPLES - WIP 5 : almost final... (JPEG 95KB) : 1.5K APPLES - WIP 5 : almost final... (JPEG 95KB) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  1.5K APPLES - WIP 5 : almost final... (JPEG 95KB)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Aug 2002 13:30:43
Message: <3d6d08b7@news.povray.org>
Thanks to the suggestion by ABX, I managed to get this traced in only
12h. Final version will be rendered at 800x600, with more blur_samples.

  Some new details:

  + The barrel is now done with sections of a spherical mesh done with
HF_Sphere() macro. Traces very fast, specially compared with the previous
isosurface.

  + The radiosity is loaded from a file that was saved with a simplified
version of this scene. The rad settings to generate that file were HQ, but
the image size used was only 80x60! The artifacts have disappeared or
integrated well on the image: can you see them? ;)

  + I flipped the image as it seems a bit more appealing to me, perhaps
because the window in my room is placed at left of the monitor.

  There are still missing features: basket handles, better rusted metal for
the barrel rings, better wood on the window, and perhaps the addition of
some small objects on the table. Suggestions are welcome, you know...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org